ELA (Coach Whitt):
- Monday – 5 topics of discussions using real-world events
- Tuesday – Research and documentation
- Wednesday – NO HW
- Thursday – Essay composition
- Friday – Essay composition
Period 2 students will need to have read to page 148 and create a Venn Diagram comparing/contrasting 2 of the main characters (Phillip Malloy and Ken Barchet) – 7 qualities each section. This must be computer generated. Futher instructions available on Monday.
2nd Period Herald-Sun Topic for the week: How does advertisements (TV, magazines, billboards) influence our daily lives?
Highlighted Essential Question: What strategies can I use to determine an author’s stance on a given topic?
Highlighted Learning Target for the Week: I CAN compose an argumentative essay demonstrating my understanding of claim and counterclaim.
Contact Coach Whitt @ Jeffrey.Whitt@dpsnc.net
SS (Mr. Cordova):
For Monday and every day of this week: Study for Test 2, covering Unit 3, to be held on Friday, November 2nd.
Unit 3 covers:
French and Indian War
Boston and Edenton Tea Parties
British Acts of Taxation/Parliament
Revolutionary War (including leaders)
3 branches of government
Articles of Confederation
Bill of Rights
Contact Mr. Cordova @ Raymond.Cordova@dpsnc.net
Math (Mrs. Wolf):
* Monday: Exponents Partner Quiz; HW is Scientific Notation WS #2
* Tuesday: Coordinate Plane WS
* Wednesday: Area and Side Length of Squares WS
* Thursday: Pythagorean Theorem WS
* Friday: Pythagorean Theorem Quiz; no HW
Common Core Math I
* Monday: Expressions, Equatiions, & Scatterplots Test; HW is Regression WS
* Tuesday: Interpreting Linear Models WS
* Wednesday: Using Linear Models to Predict WS
* Thursday: Linear Models Review Sheet
* Friday: Linear Models Quiz; no HW
Contact Mrs. Wolf @ Connie.Chu@dpsnc.net
Science (Ms. Wilson):
Tue- Fri- Workbook pages 25-28. This will be due on Friday
Contact Ms. Wilson @ Anna.Wilson@dpsnc.net